End-to-end payments solution adds digital wallet support within Epic MyChart, broadens partner network and advances digital collections capabilities
Nashville, TN, March 8, 2022 — Sphere, a vertically integrated software and payments technology company, announced that it will showcase its digital-forward TrustCommerce® end-to-end patient payments platform at HIMSS22, highlighting the solution’s new digital wallet support within Epic MyChart, and its expanding network of digital healthcare solution partners. In addition, Sphere will demonstrate new Advanced eBilling and collections capabilities within its Health iPASS platform.
With over 20 years of experience providing integrated payment solutions to health systems, Sphere’s comprehensive TrustCommerce platform helps its clients process payments anytime, anywhere — securely, in compliance, and connected with core business software including leading electronic health records (EHR) systems such as Allscripts, athenaIDX, and Epic.
The HIMSS22 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is the healthcare information technology industry’s premier annual event, where professionals throughout the global health ecosystem connect for the education, innovation and collaboration they need to reimagine health and wellness. HIMSS members and healthcare professionals—from CIOs and senior executives to providers and payers to IT consultants and entrepreneurs—attend this influential conference and trade show year-after-year to learn about the greatest challenges and opportunities facing the healthcare industry.
At booth 1733, Sphere will highlight:
- New digital wallet capabilities within the TrustCommerce payments platform: Digital wallet payment options have become increasingly popular with patients as they seek easier and more convenient ways to pay healthcare bills and expect healthcare providers to deliver the consumer convenience they experience in other industries. Sphere responded to this consumer demand by offering Apple Pay and Google Pay within its core products including within its MyChart integration. As a result of the integration, healthcare providers can collect patient payments online through MyChart and MyChart Mobile quickly and easily, offering patients additional, more convenient options for paying their medical bills.
- Expanding integrated partner network: The TrustCommerce platform boasts a long-established reputation in the healthcare industry for excellence when it comes to ease of integration and breadth of functionality. The platform features multiple connectivity options, secure payment acceptance to protect patient payment data with validated point-to-point encryption, easy onboarding and more. The healthcare industry’s leading developers of electronic health records, practice management and patient financial engagement technology have selected Sphere as their preferred payments partner and the network continues to grow. These include Raintree Systems, MDofficeManager, eMedicalPractice, and more.
- New digital ways to optimize collections with Health iPASS platform: Health iPASS will showcase its new Advanced eBilling product, a proven alternative to endless paper statements, manual processes, and costly collection agencies. This sophisticated text-to-pay/email-to-pay solution allows for consolidated billing and customized dunning to maximize collections and reduce the cost of paper statements and other labor costs. Whether the A/R is 30 or 150 days old, Health iPASS reaches out to patients and successfully collects over 40% of all outstanding bills.
“More providers each day are realizing the advantages of choosing Sphere to achieve enhanced patient engagement, a modern consumer-like patient experience and improved provider workflow efficiency,” said Anthony Lucatuorto, President of Integrated Healthcare and Payments at Sphere. “At HIMSS22, our team of healthcare experts looks forward to sharing Sphere’s digital forward technology as well as extensive partner opportunities.”
All trademarks contained herein are the sole and exclusive property of their respective owners. Epic and MyChart are registered trademarks of Epic Systems Corporation.
Sphere is a cloud-based, vertically integrated software and payments technology company serving a variety of complex end markets with an established market leading presence in the healthcare and non-profit sectors. Sphere was formed in 2017 after a few strategic acquisitions, and today offers benefits to our partners and customers via three key sub-brand companies that have been established for over 20 years.
Sphere is trusted by more than a third of the 100 largest health systems in the US and thousands of independent medical providers across the country to facilitate and drive secure payments by having our software solutions highly integrated into our clients’ workflows, patient billing systems, and electronic health records. Our integrated software and payments suite helps organizations increase payment collection while delivering best in class security, compliance instruments, and a single payment stack standardized for reporting and reconciliation. Sphere also provides fundraising software solutions and tools to 8,000 nonprofits in the US and Canada and maintains key integrations in high growth verticals like insurance, parking and transportation.
Our sub brands include:
- TrustCommerce, the leading healthcare gateway and merchant processing provider with native EHR integrations at large integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and acute care facilities.
- Health iPASS, a fully integrated suite of patient engagement software solutions to streamline the patient experience while driving patient payment yield.
- Qgiv, a leading digital fundraising platform offering nonprofits a platform designed to increase online donations and payments.
Sphere is a Waud Capital Partners private equity portfolio company, that is an innovative team comprised of payments, healthcare, and technology experts with a mission to capitalize on the acceleration and digital transformation of a fully integrated payment and software experience for our clients.